HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-03-2012 08:29 PM
I've bought this computer, and installed Windows 7 Ultra on it.
There are no errors in Device Manager, but the Intel Graphic driver keeps on crashing with the following event log entry:
Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
This happens quite often and is really annoying
I've done a memory test, and it came out without any errors.
08-04-2012 07:34 PM
Hi Crocodile, (awesome screen name)
You could have a couple things going on. Even if Device Manager is not posting any errors with your device, that doesn't necessarily cross it off the list as a likely culprit. This issue seems to be pretty frequent with that particular driver. Here are some things you can do:
1. Boot into Safe Mode and enter the Device Manager. Uninstall the driver for the video card and restart computer.
2. Once Windows loads, reinstall driver with the most current driver for your video card (even if it is the same one that was there before). You could have had a corrupt driver or other software issue.
3. If you are still experiencing issues try installing the version released right before the one currently installed. And also download the most recent version of the media accelerator driver.
4. If the issue still occurs you could have some other registry or system issues. Try to download a good registry cleaner and good antivirus software and run scans/repairs with both.
5. If you are still having the same problem after all that, you may want to take it in to have the video card tested to make sure there are no physical hardware damage to the video card.
If you have any other questions feel free to message me. Good luck!