Question

Student
Rutuniki
Message 1 of 2 (2,052 Views)

HP Pavilion DV9827 - locks up after sleep mode

I bought new HP Pavilion dv9827cl.  From day one I am having this problem.  When my laptop goes in sleep mode it does not come back normal.  I loose my network connection.  I can not start Internet explore.  I can not start Network setting to reconnect.  After few tries, my laptop shuts down and reboots by itself.  Some time I tried to shutdown laptop does not shutdown.  I have to hold power button for few seconds and power off the laptop.  Once I do this and repower on it works fine as long as I do not let my laptop go to sleep.  I even updated my BIOS twice first I tried flash "F.30", still same problem.  Thne recently I updated wiht "F.32" still same problem.  I even tried with HP support during my warranty period but I did not get any help.  They just send me some documents telling me how to setup sleepmode.  They told me due to sleep mode setting.  I even tried that.  I really got tired with this Laptop.  I will never purchase another HP.  I use this laptop my business and I hate to do cold boot all the time. 
Teacher
curiousguy
Message 2 of 2 (2,047 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV9827 - locks up after sleep mode

Disable sleep mode
Follow the steps below to disable sleep mode by changing the power scheme settings.
  1. Click Start > Control Panel > Mobile PC > Change when the computer sleeps .
  2. Select Never from both drop down menus beside Put the computer to sleep .
  3. Click the Save changes button.
The power scheme should now prevent the computer from entering the sleep mode.

" If you find it helpful, pls click on the blue KUDOS button on the left -side of the screen as an indication "
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation