Question

Student
Coal81
Message 1 of 2 (286 Views)

HP Pavilion Elite m9500y PC AMD error.

sometimes my PC wont boot at all, after about 3 times getting errors that the disk wont read or something of that nature it finally boots and I slowly get into windows. But its slugish and freezes for a couple minutes at a time. In the bottom right icon tray I have this yellow triangle with an "!" in it and it says:

AMD RAIDXpert

[always says the date and time here]

Task 20 timeout on disk (Port number 1, target ID 1)

at LBA 0x05e685f (length 0x18 or some viraint of this)

Im not under warranty any longer and i dont know what to do here. Is my hard drive just dead? Iv backed up a lot of stuff but its going to really screw over my work if I have to buy a new PC. ANy ideas?

model number: m9500y

Grad Student
JiriT
Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Elite m9500y PC AMD error.

It looks like either the HDD or the communication between HDD and MB gets a problem.

I would try reseating HDD SATA cable. If this would not help check HDD brand and model in the system information or on the HDD itself.

Visit HDD vendor web or use Google to find the appropriate HDD test utility. Most ov HDD manufacturers are making it available.

Run the S.M.A.R.T test first and check its results. If there will be no error or warning message run the entire disk surface test. This will assure that potential defective or corrupted sectors will be discovered.

If everything will be OK, I would focus on MB where HDD controller can also be the root-cause..

JT
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation