Question

Student
Warhead3
Message 1 of 8 (4,457 Views)

HP Pavilion, Monitor going to sleep error

When i start up my HP Pavilion, It shows a screen with no vga signal, and then it says "Monitor going to sleep" I do not know what to do? Please help.

Student
steve1098
Message 2 of 8 (4,428 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion, Monitor going to sleep error

I am having the same problem - I cannot get my computer to do anything but run the fans.  I turn in on, the monitor stays blank and the fan runs.  When I click the power button on the monitor - it says the no input message, then the monitors says going to sleep.  I have turned everything off and on, checked all the connections, etc.  But, nothing helps.

Student
wanesssa
Message 3 of 8 (4,203 Views)

graphic card is died. you need a new one.

Honor Student
athorsen
Message 4 of 8 (4,198 Views)

I am having the same problem where my Desktop turns on, nothing comes up on the monitor and it goes to sleep fairly quickly, and the fan just keeps running in the tower and is louder than normal.  The keyboard does not seem to be responsive and I checked to make sure my monitor is working.  How would a bad graphics card make the fans keep running like that?

Student
jtaverner
Message 5 of 8 (4,022 Views)

"Monitor going to sleep" when should be turning on??

Tutor
Chuck2012
Message 6 of 8 (3,882 Views)

I am having the same problem with my HP w2207h monitor connected to my HP Pavilion 64 bit computer. The only thing that corrects it is if I unhook the monitor and connect it to another computer for a while. That corrected the problem for a long time. But now this has happened 3 times in the last 3 days. It would be nice if HP had a fix for this.

Student
Carroll2
Message 7 of 8 (3,793 Views)

jtaverner wrote:

"Monitor going to sleep" when should be turning on??

Student
tingebrand
Message 8 of 8 (3,366 Views)

My monitor keeps going to sleep.  I have tried unplugging for a minute but does not help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation