Question

Student
ricko12
Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

HP Pavilion Slimline s3200n Desktop PC crashing with this message Bios Rom Checksum Error

The computer is only 3 years old & recently it started going black with this message:

Bios Rom Checksum Error

Detecting IDE ATAPI DEVICE

Found CD Rom, Try to boot from it....fail

Insert Disc & press enter

another error message : Host process for Windows stopped working & will close. Then a blue screen with aot of writing I did not get a chance to read.

I did a Memory Diagnostics test   & it stated that "hardware problems were detected. To identify & repair these problems you will need to contact the computer manufacturer.  This would do me no good as HP only covers warranty issues.

Grad Student
Cooper56
Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Slimline s3200n Desktop PC crashing with this message Bios Rom Checksum Error

ricko12

Well since your machine is out of warranty you can try a lot of things tosee if you can fix the BIOS Rom Checksum error. I'm not an expert with this subject but I did manage to find a lot of information out on the web by using an internet search engine and and typing "what causes BIOS ROM checksum errors"  There are a number of things you can do based on what I saw like changing your CMOS battery on your motherboard and resetting the system BIOS.  Sometimes I enter my question within this forum just to see if others have asked this same question. You'd be surprised how many times I've found other postings with the same questions / concerns with possible solutions. Best of luck with your hunt for a fix.

I work for HP. When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation