Question

Student
ARodman
Message 1 of 2 (132 Views)

HP Pavilion Slimline s3750t hangs at first HP screen, does not accept response form keyboard

One fine day i found that my desktop would not go any further than the initial HP screen. Although there were options presented to sue the function keys to go into the BIOS/diagnostics, keyboard responses were not accepted either.

I then realized that the front 2 USB ports (above the "Pocket Media Bay drive) seemed lose and probably damaged though not sure when or how that happened. I read a couple of posts online of people who had similar issues and felt that ths USB ports may have been shorting out and disconnected them from the motherboard which solve the issue of booting up.

I too resolve my issue of the mahcine booting up, but would liek to know how I can repair or replace the 2 front USB ports so I can sue them again, and wehther it is worth doign so versus just buying a USB hub that connects to 1 of the USB ports at the back of the machine.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 2 (92 Views)

HP Pavilion Slimline s3750t hangs at first HP screen, does not accept response form keyboard

Hello ARodman,

Honestly, it may not completely worth replacing when you can just get a hub. You will need to remove the front bezel to pop out the Front I/O plug. The replacement part number is 5043-0316 and it doesn't appear it's available through HP part surfer http://goo.gl/nVHwt so you'll likely have to get it through a third party vendor.

The replacement itself should be relatively simple, but it's the investment of the part that you have to consider the value. A hub will cost upwards of 20 dollars. The part from what I've seen can range much higher.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation