HP Pavillion Elite M9458f displays blue hp screen only (5029 Views)
Student
barjar10
Message 1 of 8 (5,029 Views)

HP Pavillion Elite M9458f displays blue hp screen only

Computer will only display blue hp screen.  The power is on but it will not boot.  I've tried hitting F9, F10, and F11, but it will not do anything.  All printers, and USB devices have been disconnected.
Student
ispoil3r
Message 2 of 8 (4,998 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion Elite M9458f displays blue hp screen only

I too have been having this same problem with the Elite Pavilion m9250f. The only way I have evr gotten it to boot up is to keep trying turning it off and on, sometimes taking 3 days to get it going. My only option was to keep it running 24/7 but after a recent power outage in my area it has been off for 4 days now. HP support is less than helpful offering me to purchase repair cd's. They would be useless since the drives wont even become active once it hangs. My suggestion would be to send it in for repair under warranty if you still have time, Which is what I plan on doing today. This problem is ongoing since I purchased this. You are not alone with this problem,Sorry.
Grad Student
Vaika
Message 3 of 8 (4,984 Views)

Is your computer in warranty?  If so, call HP.

What I recommend is reseating the CMOS battery (looks like a nickel-sized watch battery) and the RAM, but if you're in warranty, you should have them on the phone with you while you do that just in case something goes wrong.  Make sure everything is disconnected from the back.

If that doesn't fix it, it could possibly be something broke your BIOS and they'd need to flash it in the repair center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My posts are my opinions and experiences from working in the tech industry :smileyhappy:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top Student
peter_z
Message 4 of 8 (5,025 Views)

I came across this thread when looking for solution to  similar problem.  I spend some time chatting with Tech support and thier solution was :

"We need to reseat the RAM cards, CMOS battery ,ATX cable connected to the motherboard" 

Fortunately for me, it was a USB device ( iPod ) that was causing my issue. Once I unpluged it and reset both PC and iPod I was back up and running.

Student
TTiger
Message 5 of 8 (4,729 Views)

ive the same issue today , ive my HP Pavillion 9450f for 5 mouth all was working pretty well. But today i woke up preparing for working then the Computer will only display blue hp screen.  The power is on but it will not boot.  I've tried hitting F9, F10, and F11, but it will not do anything.  All printers, and USB devices have been disconnected.
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 6 of 8 (4,253 Views)

Did you install Vista Service Pack 2?
Teacher
lindae123
Message 7 of 8 (4,185 Views)

indeed! somewhere out there is the 'gotcha' bug...

try my simple solution wh works if there is no boot at all...ie just a black screen

turn the re re re calcitrant thing off....take out the monitor cable...reboot...wait say 20secs for some 'humming'...reinsert the monitor cable and hopefully ....magic!

interested in the outcome...

regards...

hts Student
Student
hts
Message 8 of 8 (3,586 Views)

i have the same problem on my pc . i removed and re installed ram and cmos battery and still froze. i dissconect my hard drive and restarted and got in to bios checked setting looked good .  reconnected my hard drive  and froze up again. ( so i think the harddrive is the problem) i had read some where that the some of the seagate hard drive have some problems and  if you get a update for them before this problem occurs the  your good but i want to know what can be done  after the problem occurs besides sending it in?

i m still under warrenty but will severly miss my pc  and the stuff on it  while its gone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation