HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-26-2011 08:28 AM
I have a problem with my HP Computer.
When I switch on the PC, I notice these sequence of things happened:
1. The power LED light lights up and stay lighted up (steady green light)
2. The harddisk light blinks for 1 second (amber light) and the light goes off
3. All this while, it is blank screen on the monitor, the monitor doesn't detect any input from PC so the monitor goes to sleep mode
4. No error beeping is heard and the PC just freezes
5. CPU cooler fan, system fan and harddisk seems running.
I try removing the DIMM memory from the PC and reboots, the PC does not sound any error beep indicating that DIMM is missing. I suspect the problem lies in the motherboard or power supply. Can someone enlighten me on this issue? This issue just happens suddenly as I was using the PC during the earlier part of the day.
04-26-2011 11:24 AM
Hello bkmailsg. I see that you're having power-on & lock-up issues with your SR1980CF. I scanned our trouble-shoot library and fould the following step-by-step process for narrowing down what could be at the root of your PC boot-up/power-up problem. Take a look and I hope this helps you out. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam