HP TouchSmart 520PC freezes on blue HP startup screen (866 Views)
Student
locogato11283
Message 1 of 4 (866 Views)

HP TouchSmart 520PC freezes on blue HP startup screen

This problem first occured today. Upon powering up the computer it froze on the blue HP screen. The screen says "Press escape to go to system manager" or something along those lines.

Pressing escape does nothing.

The first time this happened I powered it down, unplugged everything and left it for 20-30 minutes.

When I powered it back on, everything worked normal and it went to my password screen.

Now, it is doing the same thing and powering down and letting it sit has no affect.

I have not installed anything recently or had any updates.

The computer is two years old with Windows 7 and intel Core i3.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 4 (808 Views)

Re: HP TouchSmart 520PC freezes on blue HP startup screen

Hello Locogato11283,

When booting your all in one it get stuck on the HP blue logo screen, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

I was unable to locate your computer information with the model you provided. Have a look at this document to help you find the full model number of the Touchsmart that you have.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Student
JuiceDidit
Message 3 of 4 (649 Views)

Hello, I am having this same problem - however, letting the computer be powered down does nothing to rectify the problem. It remains stuck at the HP logo screen with no response to the ESC key.

Model is QU167AA@ABA (Touchsmart 520-1020)

I see no light activity at all on keyboard either (ie, no F10,etc key illicits a response).

thanks in advance!

Juice

****JuiceDidit****
HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (620 Views)

Hi JuiceDidit,

I understand you computer is just sitting on the HP logo screen and will not boot up.

Here is a document on how to recover you system. Please remove all unnecessary USB devices before starting this.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01868346&lc=en&product=4073540&tmp...

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation