Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

if i press the menu button in my HPx20LED wide screen monitor it says OSD lock.. how to unlock with it?..

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just Press and hold the Menu button for 30 Seconds and You should get a message that it is unlocked

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
HP Recommended

This solution didn't work for me

HP Recommended

Unlocking the OSD menu

1. Turn the monitor off.
  2. Press and hold the Menu button.
  3. Press and release the Power button.
  4. Release the Menu button.
    The OSD is now unlocked.
HP Recommended

Hi

This has most likely annoyed many of you at some point. You turn on your monitor one day and see a jeering message telling you something about an “OSD Lockout”. It doesn’t allow you to change any of your monitors settings, including the setting intended to turn off this message. While I’ve only seen this error on HP monitors I know that others have encountered it on other brands as well. The fixes I provide should work on those monitors too. (Note: OSD stands for On Screen Display.)

Fix One:
Plug in the monitor and power it up. Hold down the Power button until you get a message saying “OSD Unlocked”. If the problem persists after OSD is unlocked then unplug the monitor from the wall, wait 20 seconds and try again.

Fix Two:
Turn on the monitor and hold down the Menu button for 10-20 seconds. This should unlock the OSD.

Fix Three:
Turn off the monitor, press down the Menu button and then turn on the monitor. Wait 10-20 seconds. This should unlock the OSD.

Fix Four:
The Menu button may be stuck in a pressed in position. To get it “unstuck” you’ll usually need to open up the monitor. This could be tricky unless you know what you’re doing. Unfortunately there are too many models of monitor for me to provide detailed instructions. If you have warranty this is where you want to contact the manufacturer.

I finally cut the HP panel out with my dremal leaving the printed circut holding the buttons, grabed onto it with a vise grip and yanked it out like a bad tooth! Guess what, “NO MORE OSD”

HP Recommended
Thank you! You're my saviour. Only your solution worked. Yahoo! 😃
HP Recommended

Fix #2 worked!  Thank you for your help.  FYI, this was on my brand new Pavilion 22xi Monitor.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

below solution worked for me.

Unlocking the OSD menu

1. Turn the monitor off.
  2. Press and hold the Menu button.
  3. Press and release the Power button.
  4. Release the Menu button.
    The OSD is now unlocked

thankss nicekitty6988
HP Recommended

Thanks, but how do i change from vga to dvi on the screen? I have ps3 connected to the dvi and pc to vga. Is there somehow i can change without unplug one of the cables? 😄

HP Recommended

OSD lock out keeps comming up on screen  No sound -- Help!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.