I have a dc5100SFF HP Compaq it keeps beeping a red light near the turn on button ..Why? (143 Views)
Student
ksola99
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

I have a dc5100SFF HP Compaq it keeps beeping a red light near the turn on button ..Why?

My HP Compaq dc5100SFF keeps flashing a tiny red light and sounds off with a beeping sound.. It won't turn on.. I tried unplugging and trying again with no luck .. Can anyone help me? Only one time it came on but, the problem came back and now I can't get the computer to load to my desktop.....What should I do?  

Dean
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: I have a dc5100SFF HP Compaq it keeps beeping a red light near the turn on button ..Why?

Ksola99, welcome to the forum.

The beeping that you are hearing is known as BIOS beep codes.  They are to alert you to problems.  Here is a guide to help you troubleshoot the problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07107

There are codes near the bottom of the page.  You should count the beeps and compare them to the charts to determine the problem.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!