HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-18-2012 07:59 AM
In the event that you have lost all of your administrator account passwords, and you do not have a password reset disk available to change or restore the password, you will have to re-image your computer.
The above web-link has all the instructions about "Reinstalling the Operating System". This should help you.
12-21-2012 02:17 AM
What is the version of windows installed on your laptop? You can reset a new password on your windows by creating a password reset disk with the password reset program download from the internet. The steps below show you to use software to reset password.
- Download Vodusoft Windows Password Reset software from the internet, and run it.
- Create a USB or CD/DVD password reset disk with the software: Insert a USB or blank CD/DVD disk into the machine, select the removable device on the drop-down list, and then click “Burn to CD/DVD” or “Burn to USB” to create a password reset disk.
- Take theUSB or CD/DVD password reset disk and insert it into the locked computer, and then restart to set the locked computer to boot from USB driver or boot from CD/DVD-ROM.
- Select Windows Server 2008 system and administrator account, and click “Reset”.
- Click “Reboot”, and then click on “Yes” to restart to windows logon screen after take out the bootable USB or CD/DVD.
- Login windows with the new password just reset.