My keyboard wil not allow me to type letters or numbers. I have a HP Pavillion Series. model p6823W (637 Views)
Student
Gooch69
Message 1 of 6 (637 Views)

My keyboard wil not allow me to type letters or numbers. I have a HP Pavillion Series. model p6823W

i have a HP Pavillion Series Desktop. My keyboard is not working properly. the keyboard will not allow me to type any letters or numbers. any help. I have turned computer off and rebooted still doesnt type. I bought a wireless also. works on my other desktop. but not on this one.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 6 (600 Views)

Re: My keyboard wil not allow me to type letters or numbers. I have a HP Pavillion Series. model p6823W

Hello Gooch69,

With the keyboard plugged into the computer navigate to the device manager. Locate the driver and uninstall it. Reboot your computer and allow windows to reinstall the drivers for the keyboard.

Post back your results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 3 of 6 (583 Views)

Re: My keyboard wil not allow me to type letters or numbers. I have a HP Pavillion Series. model p6823W

Was you able to attempt to uninstall / reinstall the drivers to see if they made a difference?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
gwenclo
Message 4 of 6 (566 Views)

Re: My keyboard wil not allow me to type letters or numbers. I have a HP Pavillion Series. model p68

This happens to me and i found USB port not working, same for mouse. I unplug and replug and they work. This happens randomly.

Any ideas??? Anyone??? Thanks

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 5 of 6 (553 Views)

Hello gwenclo,

I will start by saying random is the hardest thing to troubleshoot.

With that being said, have you tried another USB port to see if the issue is with one port or all ports?

- Friendship is magical.
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 6 of 6 (541 Views)

Was you able to try another USB port to see if the issue persists across other ports as well?

- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation