Question

Student
joe_mensah
Message 1 of 2 (437 Views)

Need Dos bios update for Pavilion P6115Y

My system won't recognise my HD.

The HD is recognised as a USB Drive but the on board SATA connectors don't.

Here are the Specs;

Pavilion P6115Y

AMD ATHLON 7550 Dual- Core

2.50 GHz

4 GB RAM

720 GB Seagate HD

M2N78-LA Pegatron Motherboard

Is there a dos bios for this machine?

Thanks

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 2 (434 Views)

Re: Need Dos bios update for Pavilion P6115Y

joe_mensah wrote: My system won't recognise my HD. The HD is recognised as a USB Drive but the on board SATA connectors don't. Here are the Specs; Pavilion P6115Y AMD ATHLON 7550 Dual- Core 2.50 GHz 4 GB RAM 720 GB Seagate HD M2N78-LA Pegatron Motherboard Is there a dos bios for this machine? Thanks

Hello joe_mensah, As far as I know, there are no DOS BIOS Flash methods now. All the OEMs have gone to the Windows or desktop type BIOS Flash methods. These actually do reboot the system and flash the BIOS in a Semi-DOS mode, but this is not available to the user.

You may not be aware that a while back, there were some firmware issues with some of the Seagate hard drives, and some of the 750 GB models were part of this firmware issue, but not all 750 GB hard drives. You can go to the Seagate web site to check your model, if you get your system back running properly.

You may try resetting the BIOS.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation