Question

Top Student
ricojacques
Message 1 of 1 (1,693 Views)

Need help with P450 motherboard pulled from HP D530S SSF desktop

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased an HP P450 motherboard pulled from HP D530S SSF desktop and planed to install it in an old mini-tower to create a home server. However, I haven't been able to locate a manual for the motherboard anywhere; even this website.  I was able to use some references from a similar motherboard and at least got the computer to boot, but now I have a new problem.  After powering on the computer I get an a blue "HP Invent" screen with option at the bottom to select "F9>Boot Menu..F10>Setup...F12>Network Service Boot".  If I select either of these options as soon as the computer boots, prior to this screen popping up, I get a dark screen with the selection associated with the "F key" I press printed at the bottom along with "HP D530S SSF (DC578AC)".  I'm still trying to troubleshoot this without the use of the official manual, but I would appreciate some advice if someone has encountered this problem before.  Thanks in advance.

Ricardo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation