PC will not power on. (523 Views)
Honor Student
kevinjmaz
Message 1 of 5 (523 Views)
Accepted Solution

PC will not power on.

Working on an HP P6000 Desktop.  The power supply light is steady, the green light on motherboard is green/steady.  The fans come on when power button is pressed. There is no light at the Power (ON) Button or any video or post beeps.  Removed the RAM, no Beeps. Tried new power supply, replaced CMOS battery, removed all.  Can press the power switch and fans will shut down after 10-15 secs like they should. nothings seems to resolve problems, any Ideas?

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 2 of 5 (470 Views)

Re: PC will not power on.

Hello,

The problem should be related to the motherboard, that is the one you should replace.

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Honor Student
kevinjmaz
Message 3 of 5 (457 Views)

That was my thought, just wanted confirmation. Thanks
Top Student
avolcko
Message 4 of 5 (379 Views)

My pavilion m9426f does not turn on this AM - nothing!. Green light is steady in back. Could this still be power supply? I tried everything so far. I did get a couple of "flickers" of blue on the power button- now nothing

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 5 of 5 (249 Views)

Hello,

Well, your problem must be related to a bad motherboard, if the PSU has a green LED but nothing happens, then its the motherboard that yo need to replace.

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation