Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

please help me get in my new computer. im lock out on monitor

HP Recommended

Altho I had this prob in Oct. 2013, I  found the solution reading back diff posts and found GOLDENBOYWPG's

solution (4-25-09) that he was given by HP --and as I said then-- it worked RIGHT AWAY!  GOLDENBOY said to HOLD the power button on ur monitor for apx 25-30 seconds and it should shut off.  Then you can proceed as usual.  Look back-it worked for a lot of folks having the same problem, which apparently happens quite often.  Hope it works for you!!

HP Recommended

Thanks, AuntieMo !!  I had figured it out by accident, actually, but I'm glad you posted the answer. 

HP Recommended

I add my voice to THANK YOU.

GUESS What? In the Montreal HP technicians + Costco tech. declared that the button of my screen wasn't reparable and they offered me a  "new" cheap one because they didn't supposely had  any left to replace the one I had bought less then 2 years ago. 

I never used it and kept mine, with the "broken button",  because I love it  and now thanks to you Dallas it's repaired.  What a joy ! Now I can close and open my screen.

Micheline

From Montreal

HP Recommended

thank you, i fixed it with 

HP Recommended

thank you, i fixed it with your help.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same problem but this fix doesnt work on mine.

I have tried holding power button down for > 60 seconds - no change

I have tried removing power cable

I have tried removing power cable and holding power button down

This also stops me getting into the menu as well

Does anyone have any other ideas please

HP Recommended

None of the solutions to the "Power Button Lockout" have worked.  This is incredibly frustratinng.  This HP Compaq LA2205wg monitor is a piece of junk.  I will NEVER buy another HP product.  If anyone has a solution other than holding down the power button for 10, 20 30, 45, 60 seconds, etc.; unplugging it at various times during that process, I would be glad to hear it.  Nothing has worked. I am going to buy another monitor tomorrow, and then destroy this one with a large hammer.  Can't wait.

HP Recommended

Same problem on an HP 2010i Monitor.  Same solution.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hey!
I had the same problem with a LA2205wg. "Power Button Lockout" that wouldnt go away. I tried everything suggested online and nothing worked. Then I took the screen apart, examined the buttons, disconnected and connected the connector and viola! Problem solved 😃 Its actually really easy now when I know what the problem is. If this is happening to you, take a flat screwdriver and use it to remove the screen front bezel. You will find the connector by the buttons in lower right corner. Just disconnect and connect it a few times. If that doesnt work, disconnect it entirely. You wont be able to use the buttons but the screen will work with the settings currently in use 😃

The bezel will probably be a bit damaged when you do this, but hey, its better than throwing a perfectly good monitor away 😃 However you do it at your own risk and I take no responsibility 😉

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.