Question

Top Student
manaus
Message 1 of 4 (1,051 Views)

Pavilion 7955 beep codes? (will not boot)

Hi...

My Pavilion 7955 desktop will not boot.  I see a green light on the rear next to the power supply.  When I press the on/off button it lights up.  I see the fan moving on the CPU, the fan on the video card, and I hear the hard drive spin up.  But the screen is blank and I get beeps.  The beep code is:

one
one, two, three
one, two, three
one

I can not find the name or model number of the motherboard in my 7955.  It is original, with a Intel 1.5Gz processor in it.  I updated the video card a few years ago.  I have swapped out monitors, and monitor cables.  Monitor and cables are good.

Any suggestions?  If not, can someone tell me the name and model number of my motherboard so I can dig deeper?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Jack

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 4 (1,044 Views)

Re: Pavilion 7955 beep codes? (will not boot)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07107&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=62740

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Top Student
manaus
Message 3 of 4 (1,038 Views)

Hi...  Thanks for the link.

I tried everything listed - unplugging stuff one at a time.  With the video card out, and all the memory out, the DVD drive, CD drive, floppy drive and hard drive removed (as well as the one PCI card), it still gave me the same beeps on boot.  I looked at the motherboard with a magnifying glass and could not see anything.  I removed the power supply and took it apart and used compress air to clean it.  I used compress air all over the motherboard. 

When it first started beeping and would not boot, I noticed that the power supply fan, the CPU fan and the fan on the video card all were running.  The hard drive also spins up (I can feel it and hear it).  I replaced the video card, and the CPU.  That did not help.

Could it be that my motherboard broken?  I wish HP's web site for the Pavilion 7955 would tell me the name of the motherboard.  But at this point, it looks like the motherboard is broke.  Am I missing anything?

Thank you for your help.

jack

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 4 (1,036 Views)

Hi, no you seem to have done quiet a bit to try to resolve this problem.

As far as the M/B name goes look at this URL.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07293&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation