Question

Honor Student
jds0708
Message 1 of 4 (812 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavilion Elite m9500y : power button light won't come on

When power button is pushed to turn it on, the fans start spinning, but the power button LED light does not come on (usually blue when on, orange when in standby), and nothing shows up on monitor (which goes to sleep). Computer is about 3 years old. Any ideas?
Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (806 Views)

Re: Pavilion Elite m9500y : power button light won't come on

Try a reset, works "sometimes". Remove the power cord, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds.Replug power cord and see if any difference.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
jds0708
Message 3 of 4 (802 Views)

Before receiving this reply, I had actually already resorted to unplugging all cords from the tower, including the power cord. I then left it alone for about 30 minutes, then plugged it all back in. Works fine now. Any ideas what causes this to happen? And thank you for responding to my original post - glad to know there are others out there willing to help!
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (800 Views)

One of the mysteries of computers.:smileyhappy: Dispelling residual power just sometimes works, especially true of laptops but many times on desktops.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation