Pavilion p7 desk top 1000 will not boot up running win 7 (175 Views)
Student
btwallace2331
Message 1 of 4 (175 Views)

Pavilion p7 desk top 1000 will not boot up running win 7

After updating my cmos from hp site I can not boot up my Computer anybody have any ideas????????

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 4 (158 Views)

Re: Pavilion p7 desk top 1000 will not boot up running win 7

Hello btwallace2331,

Can you explain what happens when you boot.

Do you see the blue HP screen?

Can you get into BIOS?

What sounds does your computer make?

Any visual lights?

Power supply light on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
btwallace233101
Message 3 of 4 (151 Views)

all that happens is the power comes "and power light" on the fans are on but that is it no noise from hard drive no display on monitor no beeps nothing andno cannot even get into the bios

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

Hello btwallace233101,

Sounds like the power supply is good then since the light comes on. That leaves almost every other hardware component as a suspect in what could be causing the computer to not boot.

You should start by uneseating and uncabling all hardware components within the PC and reconnecting. Disconnect RAM, reseat the CPU, reconnect the hard drive. After checking all connections and reseating the RAM test again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation