Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Big Dave,  I tried to turn in my m9650f to the 90 day replacement motherboard repair program which closed as of March 1, 2012.  I gave HP my product name: xxxxxxxx and serial number: xxxxxxxxx but the HP person said based on those numbers, my computer did not contain the defective motherborad and therefore HP would not be taking mine in for motherboard replacement.  I have the Pegatron IPMTB-TK TRUCKEE version 1.04 motherboard which many people complained about with all the freezing and BSOD issues.  Wasn't HP replacing the 1.04 version with the 1.04 E01 version?  Also if I remember, HP announced on or about 12-19-12 not 12-01-12 that they were opening a 90 day window to take in and replace motherboards on select HP Pavilion Elite models so it looks like they shortened the 90 day window as well.

Who went though with the motherboard replacement program, did it fix the freezing and BSOD issues, did it cause any other problems and what version did you get?

HP Recommended

Hi Dasby1,

Try disabling the 1394 port in the bios and see if that makes a difference.  I did see a post sometimes ago where one person had replaced the PSU to solve a very similar problem.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi Big Dave, thanks for responding.  You have mentioned disabling the firewire port in the BIOS to me before.  I think I tried it but the freezes and BSOD issues continued.  I use a Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 high quality preamp for studio rmicrophone recording that plugs into that firewire port.  So I am concerned as to how to run the Focusrite should I have to keep this built-in firewire port disabled as I have no free PCIe slots left.  In any case, right now, I have disabled the firewire port via the BIOS as you suggested and will see what happens.  I will keep in mind replacing the PSU if the freezing and BSOD issues persist.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Dashby1,

There are many things that could cause a freeze up including but not limited to:

memory dimms

faulty PCI-E cards

faulty hard drive

faulty power supply

over heating the CPU or video card

software

The Truckee 1.04E01 motherboard is supposed to be the most stable but that doesn't mean every motherboard of the revision level will be stable.

Try running some diagnostics (a full set repeatedly) and see if you can discover a cause.

A BSOD will produce a message on the screen so Google the error code and see what you can find.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Sure.  I will review the tests and things you have mentioned in a few days.  🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.