Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

after two days, I came back home and noticed my computer was on and saw nothing on screen except a dark bluish-black screen and i tried to get in but looked like it freezes, so I long press the power button and I turn it back on and one thing that was he hp logo and the message at the bottom cnter...Press the ESC for Startup Menu...so i kept pressing the ESC and nothing happens.  I removed the battery and hard drive drive and put it back on...but the same screen and message appears.  i tried pressing the F11, also F8, F10 but nothing happen.  i also removed the USB but nothing happen too...

Please help me how to put it on a booting mode.   im stuck on the same message.

Thank you in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

That scenario is certainly bad news.  Was the computer on when you went away?

Edit: HERE is the spec page for that PC's motherboard.  Scroll down to this:Pegatron cmos.jpg

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
I left my PC on a sleep mode but I guess it woke up by itself somewhere when I get home. How bad is this scenario? Can I still do something here from this point?
HP Recommended

Did you follow the steps in the last post?  Did anything change?  If you cannot get into the BIOS, then it is done.  Try a BIOS recovery.  Some of the newer computers motherboards have a BIOS recovery but I cannot tell if that is one.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yes. I did remove the cmos jumper and put it back on for 10 seconds but nothing happen just goes back to the same screen

HP Recommended

WIN_20140425_105935.JPG

HP Recommended

im stuck on this screen and i've tried to take out the CMOS battery, BIOS reset but nothing happens.  how can i get out from this problem?

HP Recommended

I found THIS, but it is for a laptop.  See if anything that post tells will work on your PC.

Also, you might need this info to try the BIOS recovery.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay of my reply.  I just want to thank you for taking the time to provide some solutions.  However, after several tries, I still get stuck on the same message.  Here's what I did so far so would know what more I can do before buying MOBO or PSU or a whole new unit.

Desktop   HP H8-1260t

1.  Remove the CMOS battery and replaced a new one.  - no success

2.  Reset the CMOS+PASS. - no success

3.  Reinserting the Memory chips. - no success

4.  Remove and Reinserting the two hard drives and checked all SATA cables. - no success

5.  Unplugged and Replugged all the USB cables from the MOBO.  - no success

6. Insert recovery disc but it's not detecting. -- no success

I've been doing this since Friday and I have not find any success, still on the HP Logo Screen with the message "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu"

I found out that all USB ports  front and back cant detect any wireless or wired keyboard or mouse when I power on but I when I plug my USB cable to my phone it charges.

So I'm really wondering what's wrong with my PC.  I need to troubleshoot first before I buy anything else.  It doesnt make sense if I just buy a MOBO online when I am not certain what's really the main problem.

Hope anyone can provide any suggestions or any instructions to repair this pc.  Thank you very much.

HP Recommended
Restart computer. Immediately long press Esc. It should go to bios. Load defaults and save.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.