Re: Compaq DC7700 Graphics Card Help (1196 Views)
Honor Student
SexiParys
Message 1 of 3 (1,196 Views)

Re: Compaq DC7700 Graphics Card Help

Hi I have a HP Compaq 7700p dc Minitower, Intel Core 2 x 2.13 Ghz, 2 GB Ram and I have the following problem: I have a 7300 GT graphics card 256 MB and when I run any game with low system requirements, I have a terrible jam. Cooling is adequate and the computer is not overheating, but when I get out this card and will install an integrated card then everything is working properly and the system does not crash. I do not know if you have to install a patch or a patch or a change in the Bios because I really do not know what's going on, please, help.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 3 (1,177 Views)

SexiParys wrote: Hi I have a HP Compaq 7700p dc Minitower, Intel Core 2 x 2.13 Ghz, 2 GB Ram and I have the following problem: I have a 7300 GT graphics card 256 MB and when I run any game with low system requirements, I have a terrible jam. Cooling is adequate and the computer is not overheating, but when I get out this card and will install an integrated card then everything is working properly and the system does not crash. I do not know if you have to install a patch or a patch or a change in the Bios because I really do not know what's going on, please, help.

Hello SexiParys, This appears to be a classic case of an under capacity power supply for the Nvidia 7300 GT Video card.

The power supply requirements for the Nvidia 7300 GT video card is at least 350-400 watts, or preferably slightly more capacity.

The specifications for your system shows it could have been shipped with one of three different power supplies, depending on the other hardware included in the system.

It shows this system could have a 200 watt, 240 watt or a 365 watt power supply. Even if is was shipped with the 365 watt power supply, you may not have enough power supply capacity to operate the Nvidia 7300 GT video card.

Since you suggest you can remove the card and use the onboard video device, this seems to verify the insufficient power supply in your system.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Tutor
stafiejulien
Message 3 of 3 (1,140 Views)

belive me is not the lack of power i have the same pc [dc 7700sff ]but with celeron e 3400 two hardisks and  ati hd 4350 with 512 mb and works fine .....the problem and im sure about this is the videocard ..nvidia  changeit  but is posible to be a problem of software ..drivers or version of windows

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation