Question

Student
shakk2
Message 1 of 2 (672 Views)

Slowed speed, freezes, high disk usage

After I have been on the computer for about 10-15 minutes, it starts to freeze and slow down. I get a high disk usage message from Norton saying that Windows Explorer Exe. is causing this. I also keep getting the same 5 updates even after I have installed them. I have a Compaq Presario SR5602FH Desktop PC Using windows home basic. Also the Hp updater does not open anymore.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 2 (654 Views)

Re: Slowed speed, freezes, high disk usage

Norton is pretty good but you still could have viruses. I don't think you do and I believe it is your hard drive going bad.  I would try to run check disk and if your laptop has the utility partition, test your memory and hard drive.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation