Stuck on a white screen! (2374 Views)
Top Student
DavidGr4
Message 1 of 8 (2,374 Views)

Stuck on a white screen!

Well, I'm currently posting from my phone right now seeing how my PC is having some problems. As I said, I'm on my phone so I can't be to discriptive on the problem. I just got this new PC. Its an HP, 23 inch, 2311x PC. I was using it for about two days and everything was fine until it started experiencing with some display problems randomly. The screen went white, I shut it down and after sometime ot was back to normal. Then the screen went purple and green and soon after that white again. This guy I know said it was because I had the VGA and DVI hooked up but even with one unplugged the screen still has problems. I don't see where to put the HDMI cord for there is not a slot for it on the brain, but what I would like is help.

Please if anybody has any solutuions please tell me here for I really need them.
Top Student
DavidGr4
Message 2 of 8 (2,365 Views)

Re: Stuck on a white screen!

Okay, I've got the monitor to be slighly visable and I'm now posting from my PC. THe problem now is the screen is displayed as purple. Also, whne I click or make certain movements with the mouse or keybaord half of the screen starts to blink black and then stops. Its really fustrating and is starting to annoy me. I have the VGA only plugged in, and its like this. When I had both the VGA and DVi plugged in it was not working at all ... I just got the white screen. And I would plug in the HDMI cord bu t there is only a slot for it on the monitor, not the brain.

Please help, I can bearly see right now.

(excuse any grammar errors ... person that can't see his screen talking here. )

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 3 of 8 (2,358 Views)

David,

I hope someone steps in that knows your system. 

No heros, here... I'm just the one who showed up first.  Smiling.

There is a driver for that monitor..

HP 2311 Series LCD Monitor Driver

I really hate to send someone who cannot see a help document, it is contrary to logic...

If you are lucky and the monitor is not Toes-Up, there may be help in here if you can see it to get to what it says...

Flat Panel Display Quality Issues

The other thing besides the driver for the monitor -- make sure your BIOS is updated.  That can cause all sorts of issues on notebook displays - it might make a difference here, too.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you appreciate the Help you receive…

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You"!

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer: 

Please Mark my PostAccept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you receive.

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
DavidGr4
Message 4 of 8 (2,356 Views)

I can't take or make those steps with what's its doing. I keep getting prevented. Everytime I click on control panel it starts to fade to white or blakc and soon just fades all away and doesn't come back.

I just got this PC like 2 days ago. o.O

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 5 of 8 (2,353 Views)

[ Edited ]

David,

RATS.

You need to call HP.  New Computers are not supposed to do this.

Or you might get a hold of another monitor to connect for testing and troubleshooting...

This is a bear to look at on a half dead screen or a phone...

Here are the contact number links:

Contact HP - Worldwide

Contact HP - USA

Where are you?

Try this number in the USA:

1-800-474-6836

There is a way to flash the BIOS from a USB stick...you can do all sorts of things with UEFI tools on USB... but you have to be able to get HP_Tools onto the USB drive.  You have to be able to see to do that.  And, there is no guarentee that this is the BIOS.  The monitor could just be a pile of plastic, metal, and bits.

If you can call Tech support, I'd do it.  The stupid thing is covered.  Sorry, I am frustrated for you.  If they don't have an answer, ask for a replacement and Overnight shipping.  Smiling.

Good Luck!

When you appreciate the Help you receive…

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You"!

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
DavidGr4
Message 6 of 8 (2,346 Views)

Yea, thanks for everything. I'm a really busy guy on the PC and I know this is going to be of inconvience to me, but I'll get over it. I'll give HP a call and hopefully they can help me with my little problem.

Thanks for the quick replys and attempts at helping, Dragon-Fur.
Top Student
DavidGr4
Message 7 of 8 (2,319 Views)

Well, just as an update I've contacted HP support and also ran a few test. I used an old monitor I had and hooked it up to thr brain, it works like a charm on this so I know its something with my old monitor and not the whole PC. The place I bought it from told me to return it this weekend and they'll have a look at it/ try and fix it, so I'm in luck.

Thanks again for the help! :smileyhappy:

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 8 of 8 (2,316 Views)

David,

That is actually good news...and a good reason to keep extra equipment around for these cases.  Better a bad monitor than a bad computer.  Smiling.

Thanks for posting back - it is useful to know what was wrong; others can use the information should they have a similar problem and be searching for a solution.

Good Luck!

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You" for the help!

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation