Task Manager - Updates from HP Agent (912 Views)
Top Student
spify79
Message 1 of 3 (912 Views)

Task Manager - Updates from HP Agent

Every day my computer starts downloading whatever from the above HP named source. It says its "running"..I see it when I am working on internet..The hour glass just pops up..I go  click Ctrl-Alt-Delete and up pops the Task Manager showing this "phony"? HP download coming...after it has finished in past, my computer freezes and I have had to reboot. Now I simply highlight it and click "End Task"..that removes it and I go back to work..My computer is set to download updates from HP at 3:00 a.m. each day..Obviously this is someone? using HP for bad purposes....Anyone help me to get rid of this?  I am also slrunning Microsoft Security Essentials virus protection which shows "protected" for computer... thanks all...

Teacher
Vishal_Shankar
Message 2 of 3 (898 Views)

Re: Task Manager - Updates from HP Agent

Hi. I too use HP with MSE. MSE is good. But in every AV, there may be some vulnerabilities. Try MSE along with Avira Premium Secutity Suite  and it will detect all your network and PC threats and remove completely. There are offers for Avira Premium Secutity Suite. Check this link: http://tricks-collections.com/license-key-avira-premium-security-suite-with-3-month-active/

** If your problem is solved then Mark this as Answer! **
** Please give Kudos If you want to Thank Me! **
Top Student
spify79
Message 3 of 3 (865 Views)

Re: Task Manager - Updates from HP Agent

Thanks for info you gave me...I will try to install and see if it does the trick blocking the intruder...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation