Unable to boot past HP INVENT Screen - My head is going to explode (11381 Views)
Top Student
bzbri9
Message 11 of 14 (2,989 Views)

Re: Unable to boot past HP INVENT Screen - My head is going to explode

Finally took pc into the repair shop...motherboard(Irvine) needs to be replaced.  Nice that it lasted exactly one month past the warranty!

In the meantime, this is what I do if I want to use this computer:

unplug it

remove cmos battery

press on button for 20-30 seconds

put battery back in

plug it in

turn it on

press escape til I see or hear it boot

let it go through all it's steps

choose the disc drive - disc need not be present

hit enter

If the above doesn't happen right away I've cleaned the battery connection, used the jumper, reseated the memory

Sometimes it takes awhile before the escape trick works

I do not shut it down or reboot unless absolutely necessary.

Now, before I ever got to this point, I ran every possible test, tried every possible trick.  I knew it wasn't the hard drive because that worked in another computer. I reseated everything.  Removed things, replaced things, etc.  When I finally could do no more, I took it in.  I will replace the motherboard when I am able to.  In the meantime, I will continue booting up the above way.

Not liking HP at this point.  First, the motherboard should have lasted longer then a year.  We purchased HP because we have had good prior experience.  I am hesitant to do that again.  Also, chat experience, though polite, not very helpful.  Various answers and, despite codes, unable to decipher them on their end.  They told me my hard drive was bad.  Ran Seagates tests, spoke with seagate(very helpful), used it on another computer...definitely not the hard drive.  Basically HP's attitude has been "warranty expired? too bad for you".  Also, when they said it was a hard drive issue, they said they would not cover it...after going to seagates site and speaking with a rep, I discovered seagate warranties it pass the 1 year deal.

It is rather unfortunate that I have had this experience, but I see I'm not alone.  Not sure where I'm going to go from here, but I can't afford to replace my computer... or the motherboard for that matter. 

There is one thing, though, that I am thankful for...and that is this board!  Thank you all for your help and suggestions.  That has been greatly appreciated!:smileyhappy:

Honor Student
fisher
Message 12 of 14 (2,382 Views)

wish i  can help my sisters computer is at the blue sceen and i dont know what do to my dad works for NVIDIA he is a teck wiz i am myself so if we make it worki i will message  sorry guys  i wish i could help

Top Student
hp22222
Message 13 of 14 (2,325 Views)

Thanks for the information man, and yeah is it necessary to wear "grounding strap"?

Honor Student
APACHEMONO
Message 14 of 14 (2,245 Views)

I have the same issue with HP Pavilion P6122F and I am also going nuts. I've tried your suggestion but it seems its not working for me. I removed the multiple Memory Card Reader also and then try to do the trick..not working. It wont even boot if I remove both the cables of the memory card reader. Should I keep on doing like this i.e removing the battery and then putting it back again...will it come up for sure at sometime?

Any other suggestion you have ...I've read some post wherein someone tried changing the motherboard, PSU and still the stupid thing didn't come back to life..!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation