Windows 7 start up says feature requires removable disk or usb drive (302 Views)
Honor Student
Deb04
Message 1 of 3 (302 Views)

Windows 7 start up says feature requires removable disk or usb drive

I have a hp pavilion windows 7 home, the last 4 times I have tried to log on I get a pop up that says feature requires removable media like a floppy disk or usb drive. Insert then try again. I have never seen this before and have not had any problems until now. Can someone please let me know whats going on. I have not added or changed anything to cause this and it's very frustrating not able to log on quickly.Thanks

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

Re: Windows 7 start up says feature requires removable disk or usb drive

[ Edited ]

Deb04, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.  

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Windows 7 start up says feature requires removable disk or usb drive

The  make model of computer is HP model p2-1124. The monitor is hp vs 17e, 64 bit operating system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation