Question

Honor Student
StrawberryKiwi
Message 1 of 4 (433 Views)

a6203w and System Freezing.

[ Edited ]

I'm having problems with my computer. At some point during usage it'll just freeze up on me. All the anti virus programs I've run detect no infection; the programs I've run have been Malwarebytes, SuperAnti spyware and avast pro.  None of them detect any virus infection. Is it possible to use my recovery disks to repair my system or do I have to just wipe everything off? It does it even though my windows is updated to the latest version.

I'm running Vista 32 bit.

AMD antholon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

3.00GB Ram.

And my comp model number is a6203w.

[Subject was changed to more clear.]

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 4 (392 Views)

Re: System Freezing.

Hi, have you run a memory check? (type in memory into the start menu, and you should see the first option will say Memory Diagnostics Tool)

Have you looked inside the case for debris?

Have you run a checkdisk on the hard drive?

Are all the case fans working?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 3 of 4 (391 Views)

Re: System Freezing.

depending on what do you mean by "freeze":

if computer seems to be working - lights on, etc. except the display "freeze", no mouse pointer - you may have a graphics controller issue, try update the video driver, if that doesn't change anything, consider change the video card

if just some app/windows, e.g. Internet Expoloer "freeze", but you still see other activities - say, a spinning wait cursor, then typically a software problem, run WIndows update

You need to provide more details so that people know what's happening and be able to help you.

By the way, a6203w should be a desktop, and you are on the notebooks (laptop) forum, visit the desktop forum or posting there probably will get better help.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Provost
Big_Dave
Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)

Re: a6203w and System Freezing.

jcjim998,

Strong software will not help the HP destop 6xxx hardware problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation