Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
The thing is it is not giving that option when i am using the F10. I cannot use any other boot media as system halts after bios. I've been reading everything again and i came across this on your post " When flashing with F10 ROM based flash, the CD media must be El-Torito compatible." I'm still doing a little research on it now.
HP Recommended

OK, so in other words, you cannot access the BIOS when you hit the F10 key?

You would have to be able to get into the BIOS setup screen, so you could see the Flash System ROM menu.

If not, then yes, you have to burn those files to make a bootable CD in order to flash the BIOS.

HP Recommended
i am inside the bios but whenever i select flash system rom rom the bios menu, it only has the cd drive as an option in locating the file... by selecting cd rom i would see the bin file but after pressing F10 (to accept the option) a red message box would appear saying file is missing or damaged. i tried borrowing a usb floppy drive but it is not appearing in the options. it is only giving me the cd drive. Bootable cd didn't work also because after the bios, the system halts.
HP Recommended

That does not sound good.

On mine, I can select the flash drive.

I never tried the bootable CD, so I don't know what it would do if it were to work correctly.

IMO, you need a used/new motherboard.

Paul

HP Recommended

i'm trying to check something about that el-torito compatible cd... maybe that is the reason why it is giving be the bad or missing file error... anyway, thank you so much for all your help...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back if you get the BIOS flashed and the errors to go away.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was successful in flashing the bios... I now have version 1.32 running... The sad part is that i am again back to the same error that i am getting in the beginning... It is not actually the bios version but the ME firmware that is causing the problem.  I have the update for ME firmware, but then again I cannot use it since it needs at least to be in a DOS environment. I have bootable DOS cd's but since the whole system stops after the bios splash screen, i cannot use either. I think it is really best to just replace the board.

Nash

HP Recommended

Hi, Nash:

Sorry it has come to that.

Paul

HP Recommended

this error is probably due to a ram problem.

run a memory test or hard reset your bios (press the cmos ,yellow button on the motherboard), it will run a memory test 

on the next boot.

change the faulty ram and try.

im sure it 'll work.

HP Recommended

I realize this is an old thread but all my searches bring me back to it. I have a cd7900 mini tower with the 3032H systemboard. I am experience the same issue with the ME firmware. I am at the point where after attempting an update of the ME firmware I get the error messsage: Cannot locate ME device driver. A Google search of this term brings back no relevent hit. My system runs Win7 64 bit Business. I cannot find any reference to this in help. My attempts to enter the MEBx area of the bios using the Crtl-P option only get me a dos screen telling me the version but won't let me into any setup menu. I  can't replace the board as there are none manufactured anymore. And I have successfully update the bios.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.