error 1801 microcode update error (1495 Views)
Student
jonafer
Message 1 of 4 (1,495 Views)

error 1801 microcode update error

[ Edited ]

I turn on my HP d530 CMT (DG767A) and I get a message that says, 1801 microcode update error missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping. I have searched all day and had no luck. Can someone please help me. I get option of f9 f1 f10 f12 but I can not get to the desk top. I can see the boot config and all else but will not boot to the desktop.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (1,481 Views)

Re: error 1801 microcode update error

Hi:

Did you install a different processor in the PC or update the BIOS?

What processor does the PC have installed in it?

I would need to know the full specs of the processor, not just pentium 4 3.0 GHz

Student
hpd330dt
Message 3 of 4 (946 Views)

I turn on my HP d530 CMT (DG767A) and I get a message that says, 1801 microcode update error missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping. I have searched all day and had no luck. Can someone please help me. I get option of f9 f1 f10 f12 but I can not get to the desk top. I can see the boot config and all else but will not boot to the desktop.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 4 of 4 (938 Views)

hpd330dt

I would ensure that your BIOS is up to date first. I am providing you a couple links below. The first link is to an HP Support document titled “Updating the BIOS” and it should assist you in getting into your BIOS and updating it. The second is to the Driver updates to your HP d530 CMT you will need to choose your operating system from the drop-down and click next. Scroll down till you see BIOS and choose the most current file.

Updating the BIOS

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00007682

HP Compaq d530 CMT Drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=316721&

Once this is completed or if you have already completed it please re-post (please include which operating system you are running in the next post as well).

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job." - Anonymous
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation