hp pavilion dv6 3120sa keeps freezing (586 Views)
Honor Student
nina2106
Message 1 of 7 (586 Views)

hp pavilion dv6 3120sa keeps freezing

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV6-3021sa I've had it for about two years now and have had no problems with it. In the past few weeks it has kept on freezing. I'm never doing anything more than browsing the internet and it happens at random times. Sometimes I can go the whole day without it freezing but other times it can freeze every 5-10 minutes, forcing me to restart my pc every time. I've done loads of different tests (for hard drive failure, for viruses, for any issues) and everhing has passed so have no idea what it could be. I restored my laptop to factory settings and restored my data back on it from an external hard drive, but I've still been having problems. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 7 (569 Views)

Re: hp pavilion dv6 3120sa keeps freezing

Hello nina2106,

Please take a look at this document, which covers using Recovery Manager to restore your software and drivers.  Please do this, and let me know if it helps things run more smoothly, without the freezing up issues.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
nina2106
Message 3 of 7 (561 Views)

Thanks for your response! 

Are there any specific programs/drivers I need to reinstall or do I need to reinstall everything? As I'm not sure what's actually causing the problem.

Thanks!

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 7 (541 Views)

You're welcome.

I'd reinstall everything.  Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 5 of 7 (509 Views)

Hello nina2106,

Have you been experiencing the freezing issues since updating software & drivers?  Please let me know.

Thank you

Signature
Honor Student
nina2106
Message 6 of 7 (473 Views)

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, I've been in a middle of move..

I tried what you suggested but was still having problems so I sent it off for repair. Apparently the air vents and fans just needed a more through clean! I had been using compressed air, but was probably not enough. 

All is fixed now though, and hopefully won't have any more problems.

Thanks for your help!

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 7 of 7 (448 Views)

Hi Nina,

Thanks so much for the reply and update on what resolved your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation