Question

Honor Student
maisanessa123
Message 1 of 4 (7,400 Views)

laptop fans not working properly

hi my laptops fan is not working can you please tell me what shall i do about the fan 

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 4 (7,392 Views)

Re: laptop fans not working properly

Hi,

You posted in Desktop/Monitor, but you say you have a Laptop.  I am assuming you have a Notebook computer.

Hopefully, it's just dirty.  Dirty can be fixed with a can of compressed air and blowing out the vents.

Here's a link to the "All Things Fans" that should help.

There's a LINK inside this doc that has pictures that will scare you... I've NEVER seen a notebook THAT dirty:  Do not worry that the inside of your computer looks like that unless you let it live in a pile of dirty socks.

Fan Runs Constantly, the PC Notebook Operates Slower than Expected and Generates Heat

The document will help you find out what is wrong...

If you do have a Desktop,  you'll need a different solution and a different link.  Smiling!

I hope this helps!

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Good Fortune!  Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
drbyos
Message 3 of 4 (7,377 Views)

I just bought myself a Cooler Master Notepal X2 Notebook Cooler R9-NBC-4WAK-GP and looks really nice. I cannot wait until will arrive.
Do you know anything about it?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 4 (7,374 Views)

DrByos,

Looks like you'll be happy with this cooler.  I have a similar product (Zyman 2000) and I am pleased with its perforamance.

The reviews for this Cool Master are positive - Cool Master is a poplular product with a lot of users.

The only major critique I found in the reviews for this cooler:

1) centered fan not ideal for the larger 17" notebook, but does get the job done.

2) nothing to keep the notebook from sliding off the cooler (when using the feet to elevate so cooler gets air flow underneath - important!)

The first is not easily solved - the cooler will either be OK or not depending on your notebook.  You can elevate your notebook (I do this) to increase the air flow between the notebook and the cooler - this eliminates hot spots and just about any cooler can cool any notebook.  See the Hercules X-Stand (Amazon sells these).

The second is easily solved - get a couple of tiny rubbery feet and stick them on the cooler.  Sticky feet will catch the notebook and it won't slide off.  Fixed.  You may have to glue the feet with Gorilla Glue - the self stick feet may not stick over time.  ??  Tiny Flaw.

I didn't see that this cooler has an ON / OFF switch.

The cooler does have a variable fan speed control - this is a nice feature.

There is mention of a USB port (or two) - I'd never use these, but there you go.

If you have concerns about your notebook's 500MA USB power ceiling, you could consider attaching this to a ZIIG USB hub with ITS own power supply with under/over current protection.  It might be overkill - it depends on what you are running and how much "stuff" you have hanging off your notebook.  The ZIIG hub still has to be plugged into the notebook, of course, but it doesn't suck the life out of it and protects itself.  You can buy both 3.0 and 2.0 USB SIIG hubs.

Bottom Line:  It's not a lot of money to spend on what appears to be a good product.

Check out the customer views at the Amazon site - they include some notes about that user's setup.

User Views of the Cooler Master NotePal Cooler

I hope this helps!

Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Good Fortune!  Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation