microcode update (1450 Views)
Student
tazbart
Message 1 of 4 (1,450 Views)

microcode update

hi all help needed please,

have hp small form factor dc 7600 and on start up i have the ollowing message

1801 microcode update error     missing or invalid processor microcode update

any ideas?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,441 Views)

Re: microcode update

Hi,

Updating the BIOS should take care of the issue. 

Post the Operating system version, model name and product number of your HP product here in your thread. For newer laptops and PCs..... in Windows just hold the CTRL+ ALT+S keys to invoke the information.

yours is an older model. There is actually a newer BIOS for Windows XP that specifically addresses the issue that you have. I have no idea which OS you have installed. That information always helps us out.

regards,

erico 

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
DANIEL442
Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)

POST THE MICROCODE UPDATES FOR ME
HP
Dunidar
Message 4 of 4 (232 Views)

DANIEL442

If you could please post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well if you could indicate which operating system you want change to whether or not it is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00033108

Please feel free to re-post once you have the required information.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation