my computer keeps getting blue screen and freezes. i noticed this after the fan started kicking in (1131 Views)
Honor Student
predikt
Message 1 of 5 (1,131 Views)

my computer keeps getting blue screen and freezes. i noticed this after the fan started kicking in

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-400y Desktop PC and have owned it for almost a year now. I haven't had any problems until now. I say maybe about a month ago as I was using my computer the fan kicked on high out of nowhere. I never really noticed my fan before so I thought it was odd.

Now ever since about a week and half ago, I've been getting random system hangs and freezes with the blue screen that cites a general stop error. The last one was system_service_exception and another one didn't show any message besides general stop error with hex number.

Thanks for any information.

Honor Student
woodfoe
Message 2 of 5 (949 Views)

Re: my computer keeps getting blue screen and freezes. i noticed this after the fan started kicking

[ Edited ]

Hi

You may be having hardware problems in which case you will need to replace the culprit. Hp offers diagnostics tests that you can find here for hardware issues.    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00849402http:// However you might be having driver problems. You can look in the event log viewer to find what may be causing the issue. Usually it is a driver problem. What I did was to download a driver updater that is freeware from an opensource website found here:   http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers-Free/3000-18513_4-75279940.html    It is called SlimDrivers and it really works. I posted this same solution on microsoft website and the individual that was having an issue said it solved his problem. Computers are suppose to make things easier so why labor over minidumps and scouring the internet for drivers when you can get a program to do it for you with a few clicks of the mouse. I hope this helps.

Good luck

P.S. For future references for those who will be reading these posts I would also like to say that a sure fire way to get bluescreens and freezes is to have incompatible software or hardware, such as printers etc.. The reason for getting bluescreens and freezes is Microsoft and a certain billionaire don't want you running old "stuff" on your computer. I could go into a rant right about now but I think I will refrain so as not to be flagged as inappropriate. So if you want to run Windows just make sure you don't have incompatible software or hardware.

Student
design48
Message 3 of 5 (945 Views)

Re: my computer keeps getting blue screen and freezes. i noticed this after the fan started kicking

thanks for the reply. I've longed since addressed the issue but thank you for the feedback. I think I had to replace some motherboard memory as well as just generally clean out my desktop from dust

Intern
RichVarsay
Message 4 of 5 (868 Views)

If your computer freezes,then the problem is related to the registry. When the Windows registry is filled with errors it can't stop your system from properly communicating information.

The only solution for freezing is to clean the registry of corrupt files and various errors. Not only will this prevent computer crashing, it will also speed up your system considerably.

Honor Student
predikt
Message 5 of 5 (863 Views)

Thanks for the comment. What do you suggest using to thoroughly clean the registry of corruption?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation