Question

Honor Student
payaso
Message 1 of 4 (818 Views)

my computer sounds like its going to explode? like the prosser is over working,how to fix it?

my computer is very loud, its coming from the inside of the machine,when its on but not using it ,sounds like it ready to explode.

is there a way to stop this irrating sound?please help me out,anybody?

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 4 (814 Views)

Re: my computer sounds like its going to explode? like the prosser is over working,how to fix it?

Payaso, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help, you should always include the make/model of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

I suggest opening the case.  This will allow you to listen closely to identify which component is making the noise.  Once you let us known, we will do our best to help you solve the problem.  Also, while the case is open, give it a thorough cleaning.  If it is a fan that is running fast, dust can cause this to happen by allowing heat to develop.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 4 (809 Views)

Re: my computer sounds like its going to explode? like the prosser is over working,how to fix it?

thanks my bad,and its a {compaq perssario sr2150nx}desktop, and im pretty sure that its the hard drive,but not certain and thanks alot dude!it surley was dusty in there.lol
Provost
old_geekster
Message 4 of 4 (801 Views)

Payaso, it Is my pleasure.  It is always good to clean the computer at least once per year.  This can keep it running much longer.

If it is the hard drive, there is a guide for running the SMART test in the Product Specifications under the "Solve a problem" section.  I can't add the link from my Touchpad.  Try it to see what it says.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!