Question

Honor Student
teresakeenan
Message 1 of 5 (758 Views)

my cursor keeps freezing i have to turn off my computer to get it working again,

when i leave my laptop for abit my cursor freezers, and to get it working again i have to turn off my laptop. i have done an upgrade on my cursor hardware but to no joy. can anyone help me please...

Teacher
Sailfind
Message 2 of 5 (730 Views)

Re: my cursor keeps freezing i have to turn off my computer to get it working again,

Hi .. am assuming by cursor you mean mouse pointer? does your keyboard work when the pointer does not work?

I am a HP employee
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Student
alisuleman
Message 3 of 5 (534 Views)

Re: my cursor keeps freezing i have to turn off my computer to get it working again,

yes the keyboad is still functional but the mouse pointer(cursor) freezes sometimes when i turn on the computer and i have to shut it down n then start it again.

any help is appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 5 (529 Views)

Hello alisuleman,

I see that you are having problems with your cursor freezing on the screen? I would like to help you with this issue but I need some more information.

Can you provide the model and product number of your computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

How long have you been having the problem?

Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Student
ae08
Message 5 of 5 (192 Views)

my cursor keeps freezing as is the case with other hp owners

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation