Question

Honor Student
XxbazookajoxX
Message 1 of 4 (1,279 Views)

my hp pavilion dv6 laptop hp_ tools e drive is full?

hey i was wondering why my hp_tools e drive is full, i got this laptop not too long ago in march so it's still fairly new but i keep getting notifications about that drive being full but all it says that i can delete is my already empty recyling bin. all the files on that drive are

Hewlett- Packard (file folder)

User HP- (file folder)

Jordan- (file folder)

HP_WSD.dat- (dat file)

HPSF_Rep- (text document)

MediaID.bin- (Bin file)

i would try something on my own but i'm too afraid that i'll really mess something up on it, oh and i noticed that it takes a REALLY long time to load videos on basically every website but web browsing it self is fine except for youtube so if some one could suggest how to fix that, that would be awesome. hope this post is specific enough.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 4 (1,257 Views)

Re: my hp pavilion dv6 laptop hp_ tools e drive is full?

The HP tools drive is for testing your system. Take not of the size, it is a very small part of your total hard drive and is not meant for anything else. I imagine Norton or some other anti-virus program is monitoring your system and reporting it. Next time it comes up , see if you can just check not to notify you again about that.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Honor Student
XxbazookajoxX
Message 3 of 4 (1,249 Views)

thanks a bunch man, i'll try that
Student
bowenjr
Message 4 of 4 (387 Views)

I am also having this problem but the drive properties are showing the drive full. Is it possible the antivirus is filling up the drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation