Question

Student
AJMoar
Message 1 of 2 (215 Views)

Recently purchased a refurbished HP Pavillion p6-2427c with AMD Quad Core A8 5500, 3.20 GHZ,  8GB DDR3,  1 TB HDD, DVDRW,  Windows 8 64bit.

I use it to play mainly online games like MineCraft, Portal 2, and recently Cubeworld.  The issue is that it is constantly shutting down.  Sometimes I can play for only a few minutes and then the computer shuts off.  Other times I can play a whole day before it does this.  I have only had it since July and this is really frustration.  It happens most when I play Cubeworld.  I have tried cleaning the fans and making sure it has plenty of air flow around it.  It is frustrating since I really want to play Cubeworld.  It also has happened when playing other games or watching youtube.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

AJ

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (201 Views)

Re: p6-2427c

AJ, welcome to the forum.

I suggest reseating the memory and other components.  Also, here is a guide to help you troubleshoot the power supply unit (PSU):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph06788&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=502610&rule=...

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. 

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!