Question

Student
firemancav
Message 1 of 4 (3,046 Views)

please help!!! my pavilion keeps freezing!!!

hi there, i wonder if someone could help me,

my hp pavilion randomly freezes (no mouse or keybourd movements) when im on line and when im not meaning i have to turn it off at the mains,

its not overheating as it turns on straightaway again and i can hear the fan operating,

very very frustrating!!

online searches have told me to re-registry??!!

please help, cheers, cav

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (3,041 Views)

Re: please help!!! my pavilion keeps freezing!!!

Hi firemancav,

The first thing to try is to see if you have any updated drivers available for your graphics card/chip.  If there is one, install it.  If your graphics drivers are up to date, try uninstalling then re-installing them ( make sure you have downloaded your graphic driver installer to be able to re-install ).

If the above doesn't help I would try to see whether this freezing is being caused by one of your start-up programs.  Hold down the Windows key and press R.  In the Run Box type  msconfig  and hit return.  Click the start-up tab and remove the tick next to each entry.  Apply this then reboot the PC.  If this cures the problem, try re-enabling one program at a time applying the change and then rebooting the PC.  Repeat this until you encounter the freezing problem and you will know that the last program you enabled is causing the problem.  You could then try uninstalling and re-installing this program to see if it resolves the problem.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 3 of 4 (3,032 Views)

firemancav,

What model HP PC and operating system are you using?  Any particular application or task that might be causing the issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Student
empower2012
Message 4 of 4 (2,640 Views)

Hi my hp pavilion g6 is freezing too! I tried everything about the earlier post to no success. My laptop just keeps running, but is frozen (no mouse/ keyboard controls work).

If I hold down the window's key and 'R' ...nothing comes up, still frozen.

Please help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation