Question

Honor Student
GeordieLass
Message 1 of 3 (1,433 Views)

Attempting repairs loop

When switching on my pc it is stuck on this loop of attempting repairs. It was bought for me as a gift earlier this year. As a family carer 24/7 it stops me from feeling isolated. No paperwork or discs.

Model p6-2312ea

Failure ID RLU47T-0006RK-X87SWJ-60UX03
Product ID D2H93EA#ABU

Hard disk 1

Run in tests show same result.

Anyone advise please

x x

Having looked online I found details to access diagnostics.
HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 3 (1,409 Views)

Re: Attempting repairs loop

Geordielass

If I understand correctly you are stuck in the Windows 8 Repair loop and are having issues getting out. Try the steps I have outlined below to get out of the loop.

Step 1. Choose Advance repair options at the Repair loop

Step 2. Choose Troubleshoot

Step 3. Choose Advanced options

Step 4. Choose Startup settings

Step 5. Choose Restart button - computer should restart

Step 6. Choose Safe mode

You indicated Hard Disk 1 in your post can you explain further if this is an issue?

Please re-post if there this fix does not work or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Honor Student
GeordieLass
Message 3 of 3 (1,403 Views)

Re: Attempting repairs loop

Thanks Dunidar.

My friends son came over to help and having sat watching him, it looks like steps he took were the same or very similar to what you posted.

Touch wood everything seems fine again now.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation