Question

Honor Student
DavidBoat
Message 1 of 2 (331 Views)

Automatic repair loop! Make it stop!

My p2-1343wb desktop is brand new. I bought it earlier this month but didn't use it until the last Sunday because I didn't have internet.

For that one day, it worked perfectly. But now it's stuck on an automatic repair loop.

Turn on desktop > HP loading screen > 'your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart' screen > back to HP loading screen.

It does that over and over a few times, before eventually just sitting on a black/blank screen.

I've seen that this has happened a lot with other people. But any solutions have not worked for me.

If I'm lucky, I can gently spam the F11 key to get those options to come up. I've tried resetting the desktop to factory image, but I always get an error for doing so.

It was suggested to me that if all else fails, which it has, to contact my computer manufactuer for a Windows 8 disc, which my computer did not come with. And I don't seem to have a Windows 8 product key anywhere.

Don't have a credit card, so can't order one online.

Is there anything I can do at this point? I'm really running out of options.

Any help very appreciated. I just want to be able to use my desktop again.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (314 Views)

Re: Automatic repair loop! Make it stop!

On Windows 8 machines the license key is embedded in BIOS. If you phone HP Support and tell them of the problem they will likely send out Recovery Disks free. Worldwide numbers can be obtained here >  Contact HP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation