Question

Honor Student
gregoryTompkins
Message 1 of 2 (1,209 Views)

BIOS and ACPI drivers for COMPAQ SR2041X

Hello,

I am rebuilding an old Compaq SR2041X PC.  I installed Windows and all the drivers for it, now I have an "unknown device" with a Device Instance Id of ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0 in Device Manager.  This is XP PRO SP3.  I have tried to find this ACPI driver but it eludes me, it isn't available on your web site.  I also believe I need to run a BIOS firmware update but haven't been successful in finding that either on your website.  Please help.

Thank You!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (1,187 Views)

Re: BIOS and ACPI drivers for COMPAQ SR2041X

gregoryTompkins wrote:

Hello,

I am rebuilding an old Compaq SR2041X PC.  I installed Windows and all the drivers for it, now I have an "unknown device" with a Device Instance Id of ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0 in Device Manager.  This is XP PRO SP3.  I have tried to find this ACPI driver but it eludes me, it isn't available on your web site.  I also believe I need to run a BIOS firmware update but haven't been successful in finding that either on your website.  Please help.

Thank You!

Have you tried Windows Update for the ACPI driver. (Advanced control protocol interface) You might see it as ATK 0110.

That is a maybe. Windows XP isn't actively supported by Microsoft any longer

There are no BIOS updates available for your desktop PC. Just as you stated it is old.

I would consider uninstalling SP3. You shouldn't have any ACPI issues with SP2.

Try resinstalling the chipset drivers.

Best regards,
erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation