Best Driver for HP Wireless Keyboard with windows 7 home premium 32-bit (3735 Views)
djx Honor Student
Honor Student
djx
Message 1 of 4 (3,735 Views)

Best Driver for HP Wireless Keyboard with windows 7 home premium 32-bit

The wireless keyboard label says P/N: 5188-6816  Rev: 2.5; Model No: 5189 URF (K).

It came with my HP Desktop PC M8167C, originally with Vista Home Premium 32bit.

With vista, the Caps & Num Lock screen indicators worked and the media center forward/reverse buttons worked.  After a clean install of windows 7 home premium 32 bit, I lost these functions which I greatly miss.  Is there any driver that will restore these functions?

Master's Graduate
KiranTalluri
Message 2 of 4 (3,727 Views)

Re: Best Driver for HP Wireless Keyboard with windows 7 home premium 32-bit

Hi,

Unfortunately, the application to display Num Lock, and CAP Lock called OSD Num,Cap Lock indicator is not a Seperate Download from HP to install on windows 7, it is part of Package shipped on HPS that can only reinstalled from Application recovery that was gone when you upgraded to Windows 7.

However, you can download and install third party application that has same Functionalities from the URL given below.

TrayStatus

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/09/11/traystatus-displays-indicator-of-num-lock-caps-lock-scroll-...

About Multimedia Buttons, let me check if I can find Windows 7 Compatible Driver for 5188-6816 Keyboard

Thank you, 

Kiran Talluri

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
Master's Graduate
KiranTalluri
Message 3 of 4 (3,718 Views)

Hi 

Install Keyboard Driver from the URL given below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30852/pv-76467-1/sp44446.exe

Restart the PC, and check if the Multimedia Buttons on the Keyboard work

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
djx Honor Student
Honor Student
djx
Message 4 of 4 (3,709 Views)

Stop and play/pause buttons work with sp44446, but 30 second advance and 10 second rewind buttons that worked under vista don't operate in windows media center--they only work to play next/previous track. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation