Re: Can I still use the recovery partition if I remove Windows 8? (282 Views)
Top Student
kyuser100
Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)

Can I still use the recovery partition if I remove Windows 8?

Hello everyone!

Just a quick question. I am probably going to remove the Windows 8 partition from my hard drive (but not the recovery), but I just wanted to check first to make sure that the recovery partition does not have dependencies on the Windows 8 partition.

Thanks!

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: Can I still use the recovery partition if I remove Windows 8?

Usually once the C partition is altered the Recovery partition is no longer functional, or requires some advanced techniques that sometimes work, sometimes not. Easy solution_You should burn your Windows 8 Recovery DVD set before making any changes. Look for HP Recovery Manager which offers the option of burning the Recovery Disks.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (279 Views)

Re: Can I still use the recovery partition if I remove Windows 8?

The "Sticky" post at top of the forum shows instructions for burning Recovery Disks:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-Software-Recovery/OS-Recovery-H...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation