Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3500 Series MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. Sorry for my bad English.

I have HP Pro 3500 Series MT wth Windows 7 x64 Ultimate installed on it. Motherboard is Foxconn 2ABF (in AIDA64). And I can't enter BIOS. And before you started to send me links for "same forum topics" I would like to tell you - I've read them all. F10, ESC and F2 REALLY don't work.

Here is the story. 2 years ago I installed this OS on my PC. I don't remember anything about entering bios. 1 mounth ago I decided to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. And it was successfull.

But then I needed to turn on Virtualisation in BIOS (I had to do it for VirtualBox) and change some another settings. But after restarting my PC I can't enter BIOS.

I tryed to enter it from special Win8-10 reboot with diagnostic. But the menu doesn't contain necessary item.  After that I tried:

• Pushing buttons: F1, F2, F4, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, DELETE, ESC, CTRL+ESC. It doesn't work. The screen was black with blinking cursor, then VERY fast it shows me screen with hardware info and "press ESC key for startup menu". But after pressing ESC (or another buttons) I enter "choose windows" screen. I tried to push buttons very fast in all moments of restarting PC.
  • Getting battery out of motherboard and waiting 1 min. After that I can see hardware info, but I have only one menu item - "Press F1 to Boot". And other buttons don't work. After pushing F1 OS starts.
  • Manipulations with jumpers also don't work.
  • I tried to switch off HDD, DVD and Ethernet cables. But I receive only "can't boot" screen and buttons don't work.
  • I tried to flash the last BIOS firmware. Nothing happened.
  • I can boot from USB of DVD with OS installation, but that is all what I can.
  • I even tried to reinstall Win10 and back to Win7. Win7 is fine now. But again nothing happened.
  • All HP utilities don't help.

So, does anybody know how to enter bios? Because the last solution is changing motheboard...

Here the video how it starts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/65t69bu1ucehcs5/VID_20150825_112226.mp4?dl=0

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Anybody? 😞

HP Recommended

My HP Pro 3500 Series MT  is... F10 ...for the bios screen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.