Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a problem with installing the correct drivers for PC  HP Compaq 6200 Pro Small Form Factor,

I can't manage to get PCI series port to work on Win XP..

I tried all the official drivers on HP support site.

The PC came with pre-installed Windows 7, so I am downgrading it to Win XP.

ss.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is as I thought originally...the AMT driver.

Apparently you may have to manually install it by clicking on the device in the device manager, click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver. Select the manual search for the driver in a specific location and browse to C:\ SWSETUP\sp52247 and install the drivers from that folder.

Please read this post where I helped someone with a similar machine (the 6200 is a smaller version of the 8200) in the Business Support forum. He could not get the driver to install just by running the file. He had to manually install it, and it worked for him. So, it should work for you too.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Deskpro-EVO/8200-Elite-PCI-Serial-Port-driver/td-p/4835455

You can use the drivers I posted in the above link if you want, but I think they are the same.

Paul

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you already installed the AMT driver, and that didn't get it,  then try the IMEI driver:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=vc-933...

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks for your fast reply, but ur suggestion didn't work.

When the installation proces comes to the end, it says something like that :  The installation program did not succeed

to install at least one driver.

I also tried with Intel AMT Driver but It just won't work.

I hope you have another solution for my problem.

Thanks,

Danijel

HP Recommended

Hi, Danijel:

Sorry that didn't work.

The screen shot you posted hasn't cleared HP's review yet.

Please click on the problem device in the device manager. Then click on the details tab. Post the top string of characters you see there.

Those will ID the device and I will see if it is something other than the Intel Management Engine.

Paul

HP Recommended

Here are the screenshots Paul :generic:

general.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi:

Neither screenshot has cleared yet to view. It might be better if you just type the string of characters in a reply so I can start looking sooner.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your screen shots are now visible but that is not the information I need.

You need to click on the Details tab and post the top string of characters you see showing there.

They should look something like this:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,

I clicked on the details and here's what I've got :

PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&SUBSYS_1497103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B3

Hope this is helpfull.

HP Recommended

Hi:

It is as I thought originally...the AMT driver.

Apparently you may have to manually install it by clicking on the device in the device manager, click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver. Select the manual search for the driver in a specific location and browse to C:\ SWSETUP\sp52247 and install the drivers from that folder.

Please read this post where I helped someone with a similar machine (the 6200 is a smaller version of the 8200) in the Business Support forum. He could not get the driver to install just by running the file. He had to manually install it, and it worked for him. So, it should work for you too.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Deskpro-EVO/8200-Elite-PCI-Serial-Port-driver/td-p/4835455

You can use the drivers I posted in the above link if you want, but I think they are the same.

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul,

What can I say..... Would THANKS do the thing ?

T H A N K S , you solved my problem 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.