Question

Tutor
mpv1887
Message 1 of 4 (160 Views)
Accepted Solution

Compaq Presario SR5027CL

i keep getting a launch system repair error message, after proper shutdown and even after that it continues.  i tried doing system recovery, but that doesn't help fix the issue.  help, please... don't want to have to buy another computer if this can be resolved.  i tried installing hardware one by one, but that didn't get me anywhere.  after successful system recovery i get an error about nero 6 software.  i have the preinstalled operating system Windows Vista Home Premium and it occurs both before and after i install the service packs.

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 4 (147 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario SR5027CL

Sounds like the integrity of your hard drive is going out. You can replace with a new or used hard drive of equal or slightly greater space and do another recovery from discs.
... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Tutor
mpv1887
Message 3 of 4 (143 Views)

this essentially means that the harddrive will work, but may fail at any given moment.

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 4 of 4 (138 Views)

Unfortunately yes. I would still go ahead and make recovery discs and do a full recovery from discs if you have not already done so. This is to wipe the drive clean and rebuild the boot sector.. just to make sure there isn't some kind of strange corruption messing with you.
... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation