Question

Student
Mdude
Message 1 of 3 (2,783 Views)

Creating recovery disks through command prompt

my computer recently crashed after trying to do windows updates and now i'm left with the hp recovery manager as they only thing that shows when i turn my computer on.  I looked into system restoring but it always fails (like the restore doesn't ever finish it always gets an error)  Next i looked into creating recovery disks because it doesn't bother me if i reset it to factory.  The site said i could create recovery disks through command prompt i followed the instructions and the directory for the disk creator can't be found int he location it told me to look.  i am running windows 7 (64 bit) just curious if there was a specific way to create the disks through command prompt before i bought the disks from HP.  (future reference my computer can turn on past the hp recovery screen so any method involving using windows won't work)

Thanks for your replies :smileyvery-happy:

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (2,732 Views)

Re: Creating recovery disks through command prompt

Have you tried answering No to System Restore to see if it will next ask about System Recovery?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
tonychilson
Message 3 of 3 (2,719 Views)

Re: Creating recovery disks through command prompt

Are you able to open the HP Recovery Manager from the command prompt?  If so, refer to the section titled "Starting a recovery from the startup logo screen (during system boot)" in HP support document c01867418.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation