Question

Top Student
gm_sarah
Message 1 of 5 (1,496 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 1051 windows 8

I purchased an HP Deskjet 1051 printer - after Windows 8 came out. My computer died before installing the printer (I was moving to another state in the meantime).

My new computer is an HP with the Windows 8 operating system.

I downloaded the HP driver wizard, seemed to install the windows 8 driver, The Deskjet installation disk is clear that it works on Windows XP, Vista, 7. The Version is 22.5.0.

I understand that there is a way to update the Deskjet installation software but cannot find mention of that in your HP support.

Can you help?

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 2 of 5 (1,488 Views)

Re: Deskjet 1051 windows 8

That installation disc won't do you any good for a Win8 computer. Please go to the Software & Driver Downloads page for your printer, select your operating system from the drop-down menu, click Next, and download and install your drivers from the "Select a download" page.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Top Student
gm_sarah
Message 3 of 5 (1,479 Views)

Thanks so much. I had done a lot of Google-ing with no luck until I stumbled on this site. My Deskjet is fixed and working.
Top Student
gm_sarah
Message 4 of 5 (1,468 Views)

I thought that this was resolved. Actually, altho I am able to use the copy button on the printer, and am able to print to the printer from the computer, now my problem is how do I scan to the computer? I expected to be able to bring up an HP program on my computer and tell it to scan the document and create a PDF or jpg file. Any suggestions?

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 5 of 5 (1,462 Views)

Hmm...did you install the "HP Deskjet Basic Driver" or the "HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers"? It sounds like the latter includes the software you'd need for what you're trying to do. If that isn't working then I'm not quite sure what to advise--I don't know much about troubleshooting printers, unfortunately :smileyhappy: But you could try posting a message in the Printers and All-In-Ones section of the support forum.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation